Posts Tagged 14th Century

Nicholas de Staneley, Presbyter, 1310

Posted by on Saturday, 6 February, 2010

Rectors of Heynestown Parish in Co. Louth, formerly known as Felda.

1310 – Nicholas de Staneley presbyter to the church of “la Felde” in the Diocese of Armagh, in the kings gift by voidance of the Archbishopric, December 10, 1310.
(Patent Rolls of England).

Rev. James B. Leslie ‘Armagh Clergy and Parishes: being an account of the clergy of the Church of Ireland in the diocese of Armagh, from the earliest period, with historical notices of the several parishes, churches etc‘.
Dundalk: William Tempest, 1911, page 308.